Tuesday, December 28, 2010

love on my wrist

For the holidays, I was lucky enough to get not ONE, but TWO Links of London bracelets- both from beloved family members. The two bracelets are entirely different, one with gorgeous shades of gradiating (as the boy so adorably pronounced "graduating") purple, the other a neutral and classic grey-gold combination. My original instinct was to return the latter, not because I didn't like it, but because I felt silly owning two similar bracelets and I knew my grandma wouldn't mind exchanging it. Deep down, though, I really wanted to keep both. 
If you know my grandmother, you'll know that she's the queen of bible talk, always connecting things to the Lord and to G-d. While her comment wasn't "biblical" per say, it certainly reminded me of one of her corny phrases. She told me that I should keep both bracelets, not because they look beautiful together or because they happen to match perfectly, but because wearing them together will be like wearing love on my wrist. Love on my wrist. It's so poetic, eh? So poetic, in fact, that I think I'll go write a poem. I'm a budding poet now, did I tell you? They're HORRIBLE, but I've been writing little poems in my diary every night. Maybe, if you're lucky, I'll share one at some point. Or maybe not. Teeeeheeee.

OHHHH and I got this new cape from Gap that I really love. It's a bit itchy though, so I had to wear a turtle neck under it. Usually I don't like turtlenecks because I feel so confined and stuck and constrained, but this one was from Gap Body and was super soft and silky and I almost didn't feel it. 


scary.



The bracelets!!!!




Cape- Gap
Turtleneck- Gap Body
Leggings- Gap Body
Boots- Via Spiga
Bag- Michael Kors

1 comment: