This just feels awkward, you know? Maybe I do need to just need to jump back in the swing of things. Thoughts? UGH. HELP ME OUT OF MY FUNK.
Maybe I'll make a list of all of the things that stand out in my mind from the summer, not because anyone in particular will actually benefit from hearing these rants, but because it feels good (and productive???) to write them down?? I don't know. I will try. SOOOOOO,
1. I was a counselor for 13 year old girls this summer. 17 of them. For 2 months. In a bunk with 2 toilets, 3 sinks, and 2 showers. My "area" was the size of Harry Potter's cupboard in the Dursley's house. Comfy, eh?
2. I reached my goal of being able to run a mile without being COMPLETELY out of breath.
3. I DIY'ed my brains out (seeing as I worked on Arts & Crafts)....you will see these creations soon
4. I feel like the soles of my feet are permanently stained with dirt
5. I witnessed the "lax pinny" craze amongst pubescent girls. They wore them every day.
6. In a "get to know you game" on the first day, I asked my girls their name, the number of summers they've been at camp, and their favorite clothing material. One girl said "Sugarlip". What has this world come to?
7. I GOT A TWITTER!!! AND AM OBSESSED! alexandrafh...it'd be cool if you'd follow me
8. I have begun to accept and appreciate my natural hair
9. I'm going to try super hard not to spend all the money I made from this summer (which was practically nothing, mind you)
10. I'm really excited to stock up on my Sept. issues of my favs.
I think I'll post as if I haven't been gone now. As to avoid awkwardness, and all.
Ciao lovers, talk to you soon